THE MORE IT CHANGES, THE MORE IT STAYS THE SAME
We have 3 coding environments to try:
See descriptions below The Story section.
THE STORY ... coming soon!
- For centuries, Martians have schemed to conquer Earth.
- Now they have a plan: Math + Coding Attack!
- Join Earthlings Pix & Vix as they explore math + coding with Martians Zork & Gork
- Prepare your brain before Martians turn it to mush.
- Study math. Learn code.
ROTATION & REFLECTION SYMMETRIES
- What happens when you combine symmetries?
- Use code to control symmetry combinations
- Try it at mathsurprise.ca/apps/sym/rotation-reflection
BUMPER SYMMETRIES WITH SQUARES
- What happens when symmetries of the square bump together and apply their transformations to one another?
- Use code to control bumper symmetries with squares
- Try it at mathsurprise.ca/apps/sym/bumper-squares
BUMPER SYMMETRIES WITH TRIANGLES
- What happens when symmetries of the triangle bump together and apply their transformations to one another?
- Use code to control bumper symmetries with triangles
- Try it at mathsurprise.ca/apps/sym/bumper-triangles
From a Grade 2/3 classroom.
WHAT IS SYMMETRY? (4.2 minutes)
A symmetry is a transformation that leaves a shape looking unchanged.