Math Surprise from WORLDiscoveries & the work of George Gadanidis
UNDERSTANDING MATH + CODING + MAKING, 1-8
With a $19 teacher licence or a $29 school licence, you will receive the above UNDERSTANDING MATH + CODING + MAKING resources + all updates until June 2021.
District-wide licence for $19/school.
- “I notice the students are engaged – not just engaged in that they are interested in the content, but engaged in real thinking.”
- “It’s neat that it changes and the students see their changes right away – they don’t have to wait for me to help tell them whether it’s right or wrong”.
- “I thought they (the students) would give up, but I was so impressed that they persevered – they were determined to make their program work”.
- “I liked that every student was being challenged, yet each student was experiencing success and wanted to keep going”.
- “They came back in for recess and right away got back to testing out their programs and showing one another what they made with their code”.
- “I like that we aren’t getting lost with the coding, and are focusing on developing understanding of the math”.
- “It really does help me see the math in a different way”.
- “I didn’t think of it (the math) like that”.
- “It integrates with math very clearly – it doesn’t feel forced”.
- “I like that there are opportunities to be creative, but we are still focused on math”.
- “I found myself noticing things that I wasn’t expecting”.
- “This makes me want to try more of these activities”.