DATA & PROBABILITY STORIES, K-8
CONCEPTUALLY RICH. EMOTIONALLY ENGAGING. WONDERFUL TO SHARE.
Get PDF of each story for $5 each, in 3 languages (English, French & Spanish), with a detailed lesson plan & powerful instructional strategies. With coding extensions.
19. Tortoise & Hare Hop to the Pond – $5
Hare challenges Tortoise to a rematch and discovers that it’s good probability thinking — and not good luck or good hopping — that wins the race.
Content (Gr. 2-8): probability with two number cubes; represent data in tables / graphs — 39 pages
20. How Left-handed are you? – $5
Bear tries to measure how left-handed she is. How will she do it?
Content (Gr. 2-8): measurement; data collection and analysis; methods for measuring left- and right-handedness — 34 pages
- Number (#1-6)
- Pattern & Algebra (#7-12)
- Measurement & geometry (#13-18)
- Data & probability (#19-20)
- Bundles of all 20 stories